Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
Body deeper and looks flattened in females, males are more slender. No tail fin.
- Scientific Name: Stigmatophora nigra
- Habitat: Usually found inhabiting harbours and sheltered coastlines amongst seaweeds around rocky areas in fairly shallow water, can be found in deeper waters as well.
- Temperament: Peaceful
- Tank Age/Maturity: 100 litres At least six months old Preferably longer to establish a Pd population
- Diet: Require live food as in the wild they feed on small crustaceans suchÂ as amphipods. Â In the aquarium they can be fed on mysid shrimp,Â mosquito wrigglers, daphnia, whiteworms and hatched brineshrimp. Â Will also remove parasites from large fish
- Threatened Species: N/A
- Special Requirements: Â Keep only in a mature cycled aquarium. Â MustÂ have moderate to gentle currents as they are not strong swimmers andÂ to enable them to feed properly. Â Very hard to get to accept frozenÂ foods Â .Easily outcompeted for food by faster fish but do wellÂ with other less hardy triplefins, weedfish, pipefish and seahorses
- Size: 16.2cm