Bridled goby is a burrowing coastal and estuarine goby self introduced from temperate areas of Australia.
- Scientific Name: Arenigobius bifrenatus
- Habitat: They are found around the coastline in estuaries around the upper North Island to depths of about 3 metres.
- Temperament: Peaceful
- Tank Age/Maturity: 100 litres minium at least 6 months old
- Diet: Readily accept all foods both live and frozen Pods, mysid, raw mussel, prawn and flake foods, will also graze green algae.
- Threatened Species: N/A
- Special Requirements: Bridled Gobies are generally easy to keep so long as the aquarium is well maintained and there is some green algae present for them to eat - they cannot eat filamentous (hair) algae. They are burrowing fish so do better with substrate in the tank but will live without it. Can get aggressive with own species during breeding season
- Size: 8cm