Splendid Perch and Allports Perch
A brilliantly coloured fish of pink, golden, yellow, orange and red. The caudal fin is red and all other fins are orange. The Allports perch has a slightly more subdued colouration.
- Scientific Name: Callanthias australis and Callanthias allporti
- Habitat: Found inshore, near rocky reefs to 100m. Splendid perch found in more northern waters and Allports in southern waters
- Temperament: Peaceful and timid
- Tank Age/Maturity: Mature tank at least 6 months and 400 litres up to 1,000 litres for mature fish.
- Diet: Can be difficult to get to eat. Supply live food, either pods in the tank or grown separately. Will sometimes eat bloodworm, brine shrimp, pods from the rock and maybe flake food
- Threatened Species: N/A
- Special Requirements: Â Keep only in a mature cycled aquarium. Â MustÂ have room to swim. Â Very hard to get to accept frozenÂ foods Â .Easily out competed for food by faster fish.
- Size: 30cm