A dark brownish-green coloured fish with narrow darker vertical bands. Slow growing.
- Scientific Name: Girella tricuspidata
- Habitat: Found inshore, in habours and estuaries. Fry can be caught early summer around weedy rocks and wharves
- Temperament: A peaceful fish in a mixed tank. Can be aggressive to its own species as they grow.
- Tank Age/Maturity: 100 litres but these guys ultimately will need 1,000 litres plus.
- Diet: In the wild they are primarily a plant eater but will readily adapt to eat everything from flake to mussel flesh, even scraping algae off the rocks in the tank.
- Threatened Species: N/A
- Special Requirements: Need room to swim, but these guys as they grow can become quite territorial with new fish.
- Endemic: N/A
- Size: 60cm