Triplefin - Mottled Twister
Mottled Twister are small fish that enliven the tank, they are a mottled pattern of dark and light with speckling of red on their backs.
- Scientific Name: Bellapiscis lesleyae,
- Habitat: This triplefin is commonly found around the coast of New Zealand in rock pools and down to depths of about 5 m in reef areas of broken rock. It length is up to 6 cm.
- Temperament: Peaceful, easy to keep and recommended in a large enough tank.
- Tank Age/Maturity: 100 litres minium at least 6 months old
- Diet: Readily accept all foods; live and frozen pods, mysid shrimp, raw mussel, prawn
- Threatened Species: N/A
- Special Requirements: A well maintained tank with green algae is required Incompatible wit large aggressive fish (who will eat them) and other blennies (keep only one per tank)
- Size: 6cm