Triplefin - Variable
Variable triplefin are small fish that enliven the tank. They are a mottled red brown colour with seven different coloured saddles on their backs. Breeding males have a bright blue tip on their fins.
- Scientific Name: Forsterygion varium
- Habitat: They are found around the coastline in rock pools and to depths of about 30 metres.
- Temperament: Usually peaceful, but will compete with their own species over territory.
- Tank Age/Maturity: 100 litres minium at least 6 months old
- Diet: Readily accept all foods both live and frozen Pods, mysid, raw mussel, prawn and flake foods, will also graze green algae.
- Threatened Species: N/A
- Special Requirements: Large aggressive fish (who will eat them) Can be aggressive towards other triplefins and same species.
- Size: 12cm