Bright blue as an adult, but silver with yellow spots and fins as a youngster.
- Scientific Name: Scorpis violacea,
- Habitat: Usually found in reef areas of broken rock. From rock pools andÂ sub-tidal areas down to 30 metres around the eastern side of theÂ Upper North Island
- Temperament: Peaceful, easy to keep and recommended in a large enough tank.
- Tank Age/Maturity: At least 6 months old and preferably 600 litres, when caught as 2.5cm youngsters can attain 10cm+ in their first year.
- Diet: Readily accept all foods; live and frozen pods, mysid shrimp, raw mussel, prawn
- Threatened Species: N/A
- Special Requirements: Need room to swim,
- Endemic: N/A
- Size: 25-35cm