Similar to Blue Maomao but gray as an adult, silver with red spots on belly as a youngster.
- Scientific Name: Scorpis lineolatus
- Habitat: Found inshore, near rocky reefs to 100m. Fry caught early summer around weedy rocks and wharves
- Temperament: A peaceful fish in a tank.easy to keep and recommended in a large enough tank. When young best in a school.
- Tank Age/Maturity: Minimum 400 litres and 6 months old
- Diet: Eats everything really, especially mysid and minced tuatua, but happy on flakes
- Threatened Species: N/A
- Special Requirements: Need room to swim,
- Endemic: N/A
- Size: 25 - 35cm