Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
Description: Resembles a piece of seaweed with a large crest on its forehead. Its body is long, slender and very flat. The colour can be mottled, reddish-brown to green or yellow. There is usually a distinct dark oblique bar from eye to rear of mouth.
- Scientific Name: Cristiceps Aurantiacus
- Habitat: Found around New Zealand in rock pools and to depths of 10Â metres, usually amongst rock areas of seaweed
- Temperament: Peaceful
- Tank Age/Maturity: 100 litres At least six months old Preferably longer to establish a Pd population
- Diet: Their food in the wild is small crustaceans and larval fish, so live food is a must. Daphnia and mosquito larvae will be eaten
- Threatened Species: N/A
- Special Requirements: Â Require live foods as hard to wean on to frozenÂ food. Easily outcompeted for food by faster fish, does wellÂ with seahorses and pipefish
- Endemic: N/A
- Size: 18cm