Triplefin - Yaldwins .
Stunning coloured triplefin. The male ranges from bright orange fading to yellow, the female is duller but has a lovely spotted pattern.
- Scientific Name: Notoclinops Yalwyni
- Habitat: Found around coastal reefs and offshore islands in the north of N.Z.
- Temperament: Peaceful
- Tank Age/Maturity: 100 litres minium at least 12 months ld
- Diet: Feed on frozen food, blood worms and mysid shrimp to begin with then slowly add flake to their diet
- Threatened Species: N/A
- Special Requirements: Â A difficult fish, only suited for mature, peacefulÂ tanks â€¢ Incompatible with large boisterous fish, best kept with seahorses, pipefishÂ etc
- Endemic: Yes