Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
- Scientific Name: Hygrophila difformis
- Origin: South East Asia
- Temperature (°C): 19 - 26
- pH range: 6.2 - 7.2
- Hardness (ppm): 50 - 150
- Light: Strong
- Height: 300 - 600mm
- Difficulty: Less Demanding
- Notes: Grows erect when submerged & prone in a bog situation. Requires strong light in submersed form to grow prostrate, foliage is light green, divided & deeply incised. If there is not sufficient light the growth will be more upright with long internodes and less division in the leaves. Emerged leaves are darker and resemble mint leaves.
- Propagation: By cuttings, if emersed cuttings are planted it may take a considerable amount of time to convert to submersed growth
- Source: FNZAS