Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
- Scientific Name: Hydrocotyle hydrophila
- Type: Native
- Plant Life-form Type: short
- Taxonomy: Petrie
- Presence: North and South Island. From the Auckland southwards
- Habitat: Margins of lakes, lagoons, streams, and sandy river flats
- Temperature (°C): cold water aquaria
- Hardness (ppm): Hardy
- Difficulty: Difficult
- Propagation: Stem cuttings (including a node)
- Features: Fine herb with leaves occuring singly or in tufts on a delicate creeping rhizome. The leaves (3 to 6 mm diam.) are birght green and glossy on a slender petiole (ca 3 cm long). The leaves are divided into leaflets (3 foliate) that have entire margins. The flowers occur as umbels (1 to 2).
- Source: TIFBIS