Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
Unwanted Organism, National Pest Plant Accord
- Scientific Name: Hydrocleys nymphoides
- Origin: Native to tropical South America
- Type: Weed
- Plant Life-form Type: Floating-leaved
- Taxonomy: (Humb. et Bonpl.) Buchneau
- Presence: Locally naturalised, eradicated from most known sites, first record from Te Aroha, Waikato in 1914
- Habitat: Still and flowing water bodies
- Temperature (°C): Oct-22
- pH range: 6.8 - 7.2
- Hardness (ppm): 50 - 200
- Light: Strong
- Height: 100mm
- Difficulty: Easy
- Notes: Problem weed in still and flowing water bodies, poor dispersal capacity has limited spread. Introduced into NZ now an aggressive coloniser of ponds streams farm dams & lake margins to a depth of 2 metres. Found Rotorua Waikato Auckland Lake Rotoehu
- Propagation: Vegetative spread by stolon fragments, deliberate planting
- Features: Underwater stem is elastic, creeping, or floating near the water surface. Leaves and roots attached at each node along the stem. Leaf is a bright glossy green, oval, 7 cm long, and with an inflated main vein on the underside. The leaf sinus is shallow. Flowers consist of 3 yellow petals with a purple centre (filaments) and are up to 8 cm across.
- Source: TIFBIS
- Regional: Regional Pest Management Strategy: AUK, BOP, NTL, WKO.