Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
Unwanted Organism, National Pest Plant Accord
- Scientific Name: Gymnocoronis spilanthoides
- Origin: Native of South America
- Type: Weed
- Plant Life-form Type: Marginal sprawling
- Taxonomy: (D. Don) DC.
- Presence: Locally naturalised, most sites targeted for eradication, first record from Papakura, Auckland in 1990
- Habitat: Still and flowing water bodies
- Notes: A potential sprawling emergent weed, with eradication programmes at all known sites.
- Propagation: Spreads by stem fragments and seed
- Features: Sprawling emergent perennial herb. Leaves are dark green, opposite, and ovate to lanceolate in shape. They vary in size from 5 to 20 cm long, 2.5 to 5 cm wide, and are on shortish stalks. Leaf margins are serrate and slightly wavy. Flowers are whitish, numerous, and grouped into terminal heads that are 1.5 to 2 cm in diameter. Stems are pale green and prostrate, becoming erect when flowering. Flowers are highly scented.
- Source: TIFBIS
- Regional: Regional Pest Management Strategy: AUK, BOP, MBH, NSN/TAS, NTL, TKI, MWT, WGN.