Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
- Scientific Name: Gratiola sexdentata
- Type: Native
- Plant Life-form Type: Marginal sprawling
- Taxonomy: A. Cunn.
- Presence: North and South Island
- Habitat: Wet, silty margins of lakes, rivers and ponds
- Temperature (°C): up to 28
- Hardness (ppm): Hardy
- Difficulty: Easy
- Propagation: Stem cuttings
- Features: G. sexdenata is a glabrous herb with sparingly brnached stems that ascending from a prostrate base. Ranging in height from 3 to 10 cm on damp ground and up to 50 cm when aquatic. The leaves are dark to bright green, sessile and ovate, ca 6 by 10 mm in size with entire with toothed margins (triangular teeth). The flowers are yellow-white with a yellow throat and are ca 10 mm long.
- Source: TIFBIS