Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
- Scientific Name: Callitriche petriei
- Type: Native
- Plant Life-form Type: short
- Taxonomy: Mason
- Presence: North, South and Chatham Islands
- Habitat: Margins of lakes, ponds and waterways
- Temperature (°C): cold water aquaria
- Hardness (ppm): Hardy
- Difficulty: Easy
- Propagation: Stem fragments with nodes
- Features: C. petriei is a soft, creeping herb with prostrate (5 to 30 cm long), ascending or erect banches (up to ca 7 cm tall). The leaves are obovate when out of the water (ca 3mm long) and thin and longer (ca to 6 to 11 mm) spathulate when submerged. The plants are dioecious. The flowers are solitary, usually on alternate sides of the stem.
- Source: TIFBIS