- Scientific Name: Eleocharis acuta
- Type: Native
- Plant Life-form Type: short
- Taxonomy: R. Br.
- Presence: North, South, Stewart and Chatham Islands
- Habitat: Stream and lake margins
- Temperature (°C): cold water aquaria
- Hardness (ppm): Hardy
- Difficulty: Easy
- Propagation: Transplant culms/dividing existing plants or from seed
- Features: E. acuta culms are erect, green and very variable in size, from 2 to 90 cm tall. Uppermost leaf sheath is usually truncate, distinctly mucronate and has a thickened orifice. The terminal spike is up to 25 mm long.
- Source: TIFBIS