Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
- Scientific Name: Cryptocoryne balansae
- Origin: Thailand - North Vietnam - China
- Temperature (°C): 20 - 25
- pH range: 7.0 - 7.5
- Hardness (ppm): 160
- Light: Medium
- Height: 50 - 75mm
- Difficulty: Easy
- Notes: It grows in limestone areas deeply rooted amongst rock fissures. Submerged leaves are 50 - 75cm long; green-brown & floating. Tolerates shade but not low temperatures.
- Propagation: By rhizome cutting but very slowly not more than 2 or 3 plants annually
- Source: FNZAS