Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
- Scientific Name: Azolla filiculoides
- Type: Native
- Plant Life-form Type: Free-floating
- Taxonomy: Lam.
- Presence: North and South Island, widespread
- Habitat: Floating on still fertile watres of ponds and drains
- Temperature (°C): cold water aquaria
- Hardness (ppm): Hardy
- Difficulty: Easy, can become a nuisance
- Propagation: Vegetative f ragments
- Features: This floating fern is characterised by its small size (plant 1 to 1.25 cm long), small lobes (1.5 mm long) and green or red colour, and distinguished from A. pinnata by its irregular branching and simple unbranched roots.
- Source: TIFBIS
- Synonym: A. rubra R. Br.