Unwanted Organism, National Pest Plant Accord
- Scientific Name: Utricularia gibba
- Origin: Widespread and almost cosmopolitan in tropical and warm temperate countries
- Type: Weed
- Plant Life-form Type: Free-floating
- Taxonomy: Lam.
- Presence: Widely naturalised, first record from Waitakere, Auckland in 1978.
- Habitat: Still water bodies.
- Notes: Problem in farm dams and irrigation ponds, unknown impact on indigenous aquatic vegetation.
- Propagation: Vegetative fragments, bird dispersed seed
- Features: Leaves are filamentous, up to 1 cm long, usually entire but occasionally branched. Bladders are up to 1.5 mm long and obliquely ovoid, situated on the leaves on short stalks. Small yellow flowers are commonly produced above the water surface.
- Source: TIFBIS
- Regional: Regional Pest Management Strategy: AUK, MWT.