Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
Notifiable Organism, Unwanted Organism, National Pest Plant Accord
- Scientific Name: Sagittaria montevidensis
- Origin: Native to tropics and subtropics of America
- Type: Weed
- Plant Life-form Type: Marginal erect/tall
- Taxonomy: Cham. & Schlecht
- Presence: Locally naturalised, first record from Auckland in1996.
- Habitat: Still and slow flowing water bodies and wetlands.
- Notes: Problem in still and flowing water bodies, massive seed output, therefore important to attempt early eradication.
- Propagation: Seeds. Water dispersed, also deliberate planting
- Features: Tall emergent perennial or annual herb. Stems are erect from 7 cm to 2m tall. Emergent leaves have a distinctive arrow-shape with basal lobes up to 15 cm long. The rest of the leaf is up to 25 cm long and 20 cm wide. Flowers are white with a purple basal spot, about 2.5 cm in diameter, arranged in whorls.
- Source: TIFBIS
- Regional: Regional Pest Management Strategy: AUK, MWT, WGN, WKO.