Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
- Scientific Name: Ranunculus amphitrichus
- Origin: New Zealand
- Type: Native
- Plant Life-form Type: Submerged
- Taxonomy: Colenso
- Presence: North, South and Chatham Islands.
- Habitat: Wet turf, stream banks and lake margins with fluctuating water levels
- Temperature (°C): up to 28C
- pH range: 7.0 - 8.5
- Hardness (ppm): Hardy
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Notes: WATER BUTTERCUPS in NZ are a mixture of native & introduced species. Their flowers are either white or yellow and leaves are lobed.
- Propagation: Stolons and stem fragments with nodes
- Features: Stoloniferous stems are up to 70 cm long with 2 to 7 leaves clustered and rooting at each node. The leaves are bright green, on sleder petioles and form swards up to 10 cm tall. Leaf blades are dissected into lobes and are wider and longer in deep water (ca 5cm wide) compared with shalllow water (ca 3cm) . The flowers have 5 to 9 petals, and are pale yellow.
- Source: TIFBIS
- Synonym: R. rivularis DC (known in NZ)