Notifiable Organism, Unwanted Organism, National Pest Plant Accord
- Scientific Name: Potamogeton perfoliatus
- Origin: Introduced plant. Native to Central and North America, Eurasia, Africa and Australia
- Type: Weed
- Plant Life-form Type: Submerged
- Taxonomy: L.
- Presence: Eradicated, only known from three sites, never naturalised, first record from a pond near Lake Hayes, Otago in 1996
- Habitat: Moderate flowing to still water bodies
- Notes: A potential major submerged weed, with potential to hybridise with native Potamogeton spp.
- Propagation: Stem fragments and seeds
- Features: Leaves are usually narrow to broadly ovate and greater than 6mm wide. The submerged leaves clasp the stem.
- Source: TIFBIS
- Regional: Regional Pest Management Strategy: AUK.