Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
- Scientific Name: Potamogeton ochreatus
- Type: Native
- Plant Life-form Type: Submerged tall
- Taxonomy: Raoul
- Presence: North and South Islands
- Habitat: Lakes and slow flowing rivers
- Temperature (°C): cold water aquaria
- Hardness (ppm): Hardy
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Propagation: Stem cuttings and seed
- Features: P. ochreatus has long branched stems. Leaves are bright to dark green, membranous, sessile and 6 to 10 cm long, by 3 to 5mm wide. The leaf margins are flat and the leaf tip obtuse. There are numerous fine, longitudinal veins in the leaves. The flower spike is dense, up to 1.5 cm long, and the achenes are flattened, with a ridged keel and curved beak.
- Source: TIFBIS