Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
Red pondeweed, manihi
- Scientific Name: Potamogeton cheesemanii
- Type: Native
- Plant Life-form Type: Submerged/floating leaves
- Taxonomy: A. Bennett
- Presence: North, South, Stewart and Chatham Islands
- Habitat: Lakes, ponds, sheltered waters, wetlands, and streams
- Temperature (°C): cold water aquaria
- Hardness (ppm): Hardy
- Difficulty: Easy
- Propagation: Stem cuttings and seed
- Features: P. cheesemanii has long stems in deep water with submerged leaves, floating leaves at the water surface, and on muddy moist soil may have only the floating/emergent leaf form. Submersed leaves are translucent, veined, dull-green to reddish brown, narrow with wavy margins and tapered at the ends, usually 6 to 10 cm long and 0.5 to 1.5 cm. Floating leaves are thicker, red/brown in colour, oval in shape and 3 to 4 cm long and 1.5 to 2.5 cm wide. The emergent flower spike is 2.5 cm long, and the fruits (achenes) are flattened with a 3 ridged keel.
- Source: TIFBIS