Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
Endemic At risk nationally uncommon.
- Scientific Name: Pilularia novae-hollandiae
- Type: Native
- Plant Life-form Type: short
- Taxonomy: A Braun
- Presence: Central North Island and South Island westcoast lakes and tarns
- Habitat: Damp substrate and shallow water lake margins
- Temperature (°C): up to 28
- Hardness (ppm): Hardy
- Difficulty: Easy
- Propagation: Cuttings including stolons with fronds
- Features: Pilularia has a slender creeping rhizome. The leaves/fronds are filiform and erect and 2 to 5 cm long. The developing frond otn ehend of the rhizome is most likely to exhibit the distinct coiled fern frond shape. Sporocarp globose, densely hairy 3 to 4 mm diameter on a short stalk.
- Source: TIFBIS
- Synonym: Pilulaira novae-zelandiae Kirk