Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
Unwanted Organism, National Pest Plant Accord
Fringed water lily
- Scientific Name: Nymphoides peltata
- Origin: Europe and Asia
- Type: Weed
- Plant Life-form Type: Floating-leaved
- Taxonomy: (Gmel) Kuntze
- Presence: Nationally eradicated, first record from Whangaparaoa, Auckland in 1988
- Habitat: Only known from a farm dam and ornamental ponds, but also grows in slow flowing waters overseas
- Notes: Problem weed in still and flowing water bodies, fortunately detected and eradicated before establishing as a naturalised species.
- Propagation: Vegetative spread by stoloniferous growth and by floating seeds which are fringed with many bristles. Huge potential for spread because seeds are adapted for water bird dispersal. Also deliberate plantings
- Features: Underwater stem creeping or floating near the surface with leaves and roots at each node. Leaves are almost round, with a scalloped margin, deep sinus, and up to 10 cm across. Green on upperside of leaf with purple blotches. Flowers are golden with 5 petals and solid marginal wings.
- Source: TIFBIS
- Regional: Regional Pest Management Strategy: NTL, AUK, WKO.