Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
Unwanted Organism, National Pest Plant Accord
- Scientific Name: Nymphoides geminata
- Origin: Australia
- Type: Weed
- Plant Life-form Type: Floating-leaved
- Taxonomy: (R. Br.) Kuntze
- Presence: Locally naturalised, eradicated from most known sites, first record from Lake Okareka, Bay of Plenty in 1985
- Habitat: Still and slow flowing water bodies
- Notes: Problem in still water bodies, poor dispersal capacity has limited spread.
- Propagation: Vegetative spread by creeping stem growth and fragmentation. Deliberate plantings
- Features: Underwater stem creeping or floating near the surface, with leaves and roots at each note. Leaves are heart-shaped and up to 10 cm across. Bright green on upperside and often pinkish on the underside. The main vein is indistinct. Flowers are bright yellow, with 5 petals that have fringed marginal wings.
- Source: TIFBIS
- Regional: Regional Pest Management Strategy: AUK, BOP, CAN, NSN/TAS, NTL, WKO.