Eurasian water milfoil
- Scientific Name: Myriophyllum spicatum
- Origin: Europe, Asia and North Africa
- Type: Weed
- Plant Life-form Type: Submerged
- Taxonomy: L.
- Presence: Not known to be in NZ
- Habitat: Moderately flowing to still water bodies
- Notes: A major weed in temperate countries.
- Propagation: Plant fragments, rhizomes. Rarely from seed
- Features: Submerged perennial plant, with finely dissected leaves in whorls. Submerged stems are 4 (to 7m ) long, with most branching at the water surface. Submergerd leaves (2 to 4 cm long), 3-6 whorled per node, are pinnately divided into linear lobes. Emergent leaves are bract like and occur when plants are flowering. Flowers are pinkish, whorled and occure on spikes 4 to 8 cm long.
- Source: TIFBIS