Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
- Scientific Name: Myriophyllum propinquum
- Origin: Australia
- Type: Native
- Plant Life-form Type: Submerged tall
- Taxonomy: Cunn.
- Presence: North, South, Stewart and Chatham Islands
- Habitat: Lakes, ponds and slow moving water. Submerged aqautic or emerged on moist soil margins
- Temperature (°C): up to 28
- pH range: 6.0 - 7.2
- Hardness (ppm): Hardy
- Light: Strong
- Difficulty: Easy
- Notes: Gently flowing clean cold water. This plant was popular many years ago but today is listed as a Class B noxious weed. It has a delicate fern-like appearance with branches up to 1.5m. It is more suited to cold water but can be used to advantage to decorate a tropical tank. It is a true floating plant and does not take root.
- Propagation: Grows readily from stem cuttings
- Features: Variable dark-green aquatic herb, with stems 10 to 40 cm long and aquatic leaves in whorls of 3 to 4, shortly petiolate, 1 to 3 cm long, pinnate with finely filiform segments. Emergent leaves are linear, whorled, 5 to 10 mm long. Intermediate leaves occur at the transition. Emergent forms may have erect fleshy stems (3mm) with whorls of stubby linear leaves.
- Source: TIFBIS