Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
Nardoo or Rainbow Nardoo
- Scientific Name: Marsilea mutica
- Origin: Northern Australia - SE Asia
- Temperature (°C): 18 - 25
- pH range: 6.8 - 7.0
- Hardness (ppm): 30 - 100
- Light: Medium
- Height: 70 - 300mm
- Difficulty: Demanding
- Notes: Grows in water less than 1.2m. Its flat floating leaf forms an extensive carpet on the surface and makes a useful addition to outdoor ponds to provide shelter from predatory birds. Stands drying out and will re-grow from old rootstock once re-wetted. May 2008: This plant is now a Surveillance Pest Plant. Area's of concern are Auckland, Northland, Canterbury and the Chatham Islands. Surveillance Pest Plants are banned from sale, propagation, distribution and display. Use this link for more information: http://www.biosecurityperformance.maf.govt.nz/ Please report any sitings of this plant to DOC.
- Propagation: From rootstock. Becoming popular north of Auckland
- Source: FNZAS