Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
Ludwigia peploides subsp montevidensis
Unwanted Organism, National Pest Plant Accord
- Scientific Name: Ludwigia peploides subsp montevidensis
- Origin: Native of South America and eastern states of Australia
- Type: Weed
- Plant Life-form Type: Marginal sprawling
- Taxonomy: (Kunth) Raven
- Presence: Locally naturalised in North Island, first record 1933
- Habitat: Still and slow flowing water bodies
- Notes: Currently a major sprawling emergent weed where it occurs, poor dispersal capacity has limited spread.
- Propagation: Stem fragments and seed, but poor dispersal
- Features: Sprawling emergent perennial herb. Primrose willow has branched stems with roots at the nodes, either attached to soil or hanging in the water. The leaves are alternate and obtuse, and up to 6 cm long. Their upper surfaces are glossy and they taper into petioles that are up to 2.8 cm long, with two dark green, swollen, rounded stipules at the base. The flowers are up to 2 cm, bright yellow, and arise on stalks from the leaf axils.
- Source: TIFBIS
- Regional: Regional Pest Management Strategy: AUK.