- Scientific Name: Lilaeopsis novae-zeelandiae
- Origin: New Zealand
- Type: Native
- Plant Life-form Type: short
- Taxonomy: (Gand.) AW Hill
- Presence: Central North Island to Southland.
- Habitat: Shallow waters of lakes and exposed margins, coastal wet areas.
- Temperature (°C): up to 28
- pH range: 7
- Hardness (ppm): Hardy
- Light: Medium
- Height: 100mm
- Difficulty: Easy
- Propagation: Seeds and vegetative fragments.
- Features: L. ruthiana has distinct leaves that arise (in pairs or more) from nodes on a slender creeping rhizome. The leaves are up to 15 cm long and are filiform, cyclindrical and tarpering, with septa visible across each leaf.
- Source: TIFBIS
- Synonym: Lilaeopsis lacustris AW Hill