general- stands for fishroom

zoezealand

im just in the process of investigating and planning a fishroom, and i was wondering where people got the stands for their tanks from,

do they have to be custom made, or is there a cheaper altenative in shops which is strong enough to support 2 or 3 tiers of tanks?

(exact size yet to be determined)

how much do your stands cost?

thx

I purpose built a fish house and and got 2" x 1" box section stands built and hot dip galvenized. I made the tanks 24"wide and of various depths. Had 40 -- 50 tanks depending on what I was doing. Heated the room with a fan/heater wired so the fan goes all the time. A light over each tank and a 12volt pilot light also that could be left on at night to keep fry feeding around the clock. The important thing with the stands is to remember there is a lot of weight and distribute it well, or the legs will punch through the floor.

what about a steel one which can hold 150kg on each rack from bunning warehouse. cost around $39.99

If its the clip together galvanised one I am thinking of, the shelves are mdf. By the time you seal them you may as well have bought marine ply and cut it to size, so in essence you are getting an expensive frame. I would rather have something welded then clipped together

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Can anybody load a pic of the Bunnings shelves? No Bunnings local so would have to be a road trip for me.

I use these shelves from bunnings for a lot of my tanks in the garage, so i just snapped some pictures for you , they come in differant sizes and can be adjusted to fit the tanks , each shelf can hold 150kg no worries but if you add extra boards takes more easy :)

DSCN4838.jpg

DSCN4839.jpg

DSCN4840.jpg