What do you do when you are on Holiday?

HelifaxNZ

1. Prepare dry or frozen food in a separate container for each day (some people can not see "hungry" fish, so they overfeed

2. Prepare precise check list (water level, overflows, RO water level, number of fishes, skimmer collection cup, reactor…)

3. Few days before vacation drill that person in real situation

4. Make good maintain (pipes, skimmer, pumps..) few days before vacation – don’t do that last hour, you must observe your work at least a day.

5. Write down phone numbers of local stores or friends, who can help in trouble case.

6. Install web cam if you can or prepare digital camera or mobile phone, which can send photos. Check if you have Internet access / Internet café near vacation location / notebook with wireless access

I know there's a few guys here that just never go away :lol:

Yes, it's true! :D

That's a pretty good checklist combo.

However Helifax, you don't have much livestock yet, I wouldn't get to worried this Christmas anyway. Might be able to pay some local kid to come & do top up or whatever once every few days.

Option 2., 3. and 6. - you will be surprised how your home folks or friend are clumsy for things you believe they can not be. If they can send you picture from mobile phone or otherwise you may spare many words or nerves. With good preparation your grandmother can help you. Drill is important, because you can observe what mistakes they are doing or can do or what they do not understand.

even a $20 webcam would be fine -

http://www.xpcomputers.co.nz/index.php?cPath=45

so long as you can host the file somewhere.... i think alot of them come with software to view cam remotely.

even though the pic quality would be quite s**t, you could check water levels, lighting, etc. im going to get the cam from the above link today, ill post up results & a link to the stream :)

Sorry for a word "drill", I am not English born speaker. I meant training, practice in a military way.

I already installed web cam and file server once, and I was not satisfied. VGA resolution is not enough, it just shows you general situation. In this case it is maybe better to monitor sump and equipment.