Diy Fish Feeder??

malawi_man

Do you guys know if it is possible to make a diy automatic fish feeder. i am getting more and more baby fish and i figure that if i feed them little and more often i might get more groth results and on school days i can only feed baby fish 2-3 times, once before school, once after school and maybe at dinner time. any ideas??

thanx

Daniel

Another way is to stand something like a upside down coke bottle with air hose going thru the lid of the coke bottle on top of you fish tank and crimp the hose so a drip goes thru every 30 seconds or something... not sure if it would work with brine shrimp or something like that though... worth a try though.

• 5 months later...

I was thinking about the same problem, I came up with 2 ideas

1) buy an old clock with hands, rip the front off,

make a wheel out of knex or something (resembles a waterwheel), arrange both so that the hour hand of the clock turns the wheel (and drops some food in plastic cups on the end of the spokes) once an hour.

2)buy a cheap $5 timer, find something like a cheap fan or something with a motor that turns, tape a plastic cup to the turning thing, and use the timer to put it on for a minuite or something in the middle of the day, (maybe several of these)

Never tried either of these, but i was just thinking about it

• 9 months later...