Help!!

NormanE

I would suspect it is piscene tuberculosis. This is caused by a variety of bacteria of the micobacterium group and is zoonotic ---that is, it can be spread to humans. This is the reason for the requirement for people involved in the quarantine of imported fish to wear long gloves. To be sure you would need to get a lab to culture and identify the bacteria. They could also test for  antibiotic resistance. I think in quarantine that the fish are destroyed. That is what happened to me when I had it in imported goldfish many moons ago. I am not sure how you can sanitize the tank after this.

Unfortunately in my case they identified the wrong fish---took healthy fish and would not take the infected ones and that is when I gave up on the idea. The fish can feed normally but they lose condition and become pinch gutted and the location of the back stakes if it was a cattle beast becomes concave rather than convex before the lesions show.