Looking for crypts

Evlet216

Hey everyone, 

I'm new to New Zealand, but not aquarium keeping. I got the itch again and decided to get a tank here and want to fill it with crypts, but can't find a place that has a decent variety of them. Really looking for some redder ones like cordata, affinis, wendtii red, or some less common ones. Any recommendations or any hobbiests willing to sell some? Thanks! 

3 minutes ago, alanmin4304 said:

Redwood Aquatics used to import crypts and should still have a few available. They grew a lot outside so not the best time of the year.

I saw them, gonna have to give them a call to see what the prices are for the crypts. They have a decent selection, but all of them seem like pretty common crypts. 

I have affinis. The fish need a machete to get through it at the moment. Not sure it is the best time to send with it being so cold.

I will be passing through Wgtn next week (coming across on the Interisland ferry) but unsure how to get any plants to you as we are heading north with limited time so can't deliver it to you.

12 minutes ago, Caryl said:

I have affinis. The fish need a machete to get through it at the moment. Not sure it is the best time to send with it being so cold.

I will be passing through Wgtn next week (coming across on the Interisland ferry) but unsure how to get any plants to you as we are heading north with limited time so can't deliver it to you.

Haha that sounds like a lot of crypts! I'd love to take you up on that offer, but if you don't think that weather can handle it then no worries! Maybe in a few weeks or so when the weather gets a little warmer to ship!