FEEDING DIFFERENT SPECIES

Danica

Hi I currently have a 160L tank all water parameters are good apart from nitrate at 60ppm I’m going to get this down by doing a few more water changes over the next few days. So I had 14 Colombian tetras and over the last few months I’m down to 9 as every now and then one will die of bloat now I’ve done research and I’m aware that this type of tetra is very prone to bloat so I’ve been feeding my fish every other day however I have juvenile guppies that just won’t seem to grow any bigger and Im pretty much 100% sure this is because they’re not being fed enough so my question is how do I feed my guppies without the tetras getting a share they’re far to fast for me to net every feeding time and I feel like that would be far too stressful for them anyway. 

They are not the best tank mates for juvenile guppies as they tend to be stroppy (like quite a few tetras).

Try adding a thick wad of Java moss or similar. Fine particles of food will get trapped in it. The fry will be able to swim through it and eat the particles but the larger tetras will not.