Australian Water Dragon Ill?

Dragon Mum

Hi there,

Wonder if anyone can help me.  My son has returned from living with at his father's with a juvenile Australian Water Dragon.  He has had him from a hatchling. He is now around 10 months old.  We have him in a large terrarium with over half as a filtered swimming pool (with a couple of gold fish), climbing logs and a basking rock (heated by one of the lights).  He has UVA and UVB lights.  The temp is around 27 - 29 degrees. The substrate is potting mix with some live plants and rocks to climb into the pool etc.  His diet is almost wholly meal worms.  We have been out and caught flies and other bugs for him to hunt in his environment but he does not eat any greens or fruits (once I tricked him into eating a piece of banana, and he ate it, realised it was not a meal worm and gave me the filthiest look and refused anymore worms).  We do provide meal worms in a feeding tray which also has the calcium powder and we have the Lizard Food here, but he just will not eat that at all...

I don't know much about these animals but am trying to research as much as poss as while my son has lost interest, I have grown quite fond of the chap.  

My problem is, he is now not eating at all and appears quite lethargic and depressed. My son seems to think AWD can do this from time to time but I don't think this feels right.  Is there anyone who can advise on things I can do or check?  I am scared I am going to wake up one day to him dead!

• 2 weeks later...