How do you dose Wunder Tonic topically (directly to the fish)?

Plecosaurus

I've just come back from a thread from like 2008 saying that Wunder Tonic can treat columnaris, as well as Furan-2. I already have Wunder Tonic and already used it and it didn't help my fish, but I am pretty sure they have columnaris so I assume applying the tonic topically like mentioned would help better since it's direct? If so, do you just put one drop on each side affected on the fish? I have neon tetras if that's any help. So I don't think I can use salt for them? I didn't want to risk it since I am unsure.

I can get the Furan-2 if that's going to be better, but unfortunately I don't have a lot of money right now so it'd have to wait about 2 weeks which isn't ideal since I have already had fish die (I have been on a wild goose chase and fish stores have wrongly diagnosed and prescribed medications that haven't worked, I have tried 5 different ones so far!!) so if I can avoid spending anymore money then I'd like to :(

Thank you :)