IanJ

Hullo from Nelson

G'day everyone,

I live a a little way north of Nelson. My name is Ian and am looking to connect with anyone in the hobby, particularly anyone interested in aquascaping.

Does anyone know of any clubs that are operating in this area?  I'm also looking for supplies of plants for aquascaping especially foreground and moss types.

Cheers

Thanks for that.

I'll give it a miss as I don't have time for social media. I am looking to affiliate with a club though. I'll keep looking.

Your nearest club then would be the Marlborough Aquarium Club but we only have 4 or 5 members and don't have meetings ☹️

Getting plants will now have to wait until the lockdown is over. I am inundated with Crypt affinis and have spare Anubias nana.

Thanks Caryl,do they have a newsletter or a way of keeping in touch? 

When this is over I would love to get a couple of crypts and Anubias from you. I have Glosso, dwarf hair grass, Rotala Wallichii and  Alternanthera Reineckii - Roseafolia that are doing quite well at the moment so I will hopefully have some available for people when we get through this.

Hi Alanmin,

that's a pretty rare plant you have there or at least it doesn't seem to pop up with any frequency. Hopefully we can talk when this is over. 

No we don't bother with a newsletter any more as I got sick of writing it with no contributions from other members, or feedback that they actually read it.

The internet has made it very difficult for face to face meetings as many seem to prefer to get their information from anonymous sources from the comfort of their house.

Once we are able to get out and about again we could arrange to get some plants to you as we go to Nelson every 3 months for medical appointments.