NZ Native Fish Book by Stella McQueen.

livingart

Scroll to the bottom for details on how to order

The New Zealand Native Freshwater Aquarium

45549803_2117224698301181_17455476247541

$25

2018, New Holland Publishers Paperback 208 pages
Back blurb text:
New Zealand’s unique native freshwater fish have been too long ‘out of sight, out of mind’, but they are surprisingly charismatic, intriguing, and bursting with personality.
Difficult to observe in the wild, the fish are much more accessible and tangible in the aquarium, immediately becoming advocates for the conservation of their freshwater habitats.
Native fish are an interesting and unusual alternative to exotic aquarium species. They are easy to look after in the aquarium thanks to this comprehensive and practical guide. Stella McQueen’s enthusiasm and expertise is evident on every page.
This book:
  • Discusses the species most suited to aquaria, with a strong focus on conservation and ethical fish keeping.
  • Covers how to find, catch and look after native fish, with tips on how to identify different species.
  • Provides an understanding of the fish in their natural environment, with suggestions for creating an attractive aquarium reflecting these habitats.
  • Is for scientists, fish keepers and the generally curious alike.

A Photographic Guide To Freshwater Fishes of New Zealand

45543879_2117174534972864_18864564737146

$26

2013, New Holland Publishers 144 pages Paperback
Back blurb text:
  • Highly illustrated guide to more than 60 species, complete with distribution maps
  • Compact, easy-to-use format; the ideal pocket-size travelling companion.
  • Authoritative, comprehensive text describing key identification features.
  • Stella McQueen has a postgraduate diploma in freshwater ecology from Massey University. She is the author of The New Zealand Native Freshwater Aquarium.
  • Rod Morris is one of the country’s most talented natural history photographers and filmmakers, and is the author of several books on New Zealand’s wildlife.

How to Order

Aquarium Guide $25 plus $4.50 postage TOTAL: $29.50 Photographic Guide $26 plus $3.50 postage TOTAL: $29.50 Order BOTH and save on postage, total cost $55.50
Rural delivery: please add $3.70.
To order, make the deposit into my account: SL McQueen 38-9007-0097395-07 Reference: the start of your email address. Then drop an email to me at nznativefish@gmail.com, noting which books you would like, your address, and if you would like your books signed. I am happy to just sign my name or address it to you or your gift recipient. I can also provide a receipt if needed.