Oxygen weed flowering

Caryl

I have just noticed my oxygen weed (yes I know it is the illegal oxygen weed but that is all we have in our local waterways where I get my pond plants from) flowering. I have not noticed it do so before but the flowers are small and probably got lost in all the hebe flowers that used to drop in the pond.
This pond is due to be emptied, cleaned out, then lined, as it developed problems after the big quake. Now the EQC money has come through we can repair it. We were going to use liquid rubber but have now decided to get rid of the waterfall, even the edges, line it with pond liner then do the edges with timber or concrete for a straight rectangle look. Then we can get a metal cover made with shade netting, or similar (may have a summer cover and winter cover) to stop leaves dropping into the pond. It is under a huge Chinese silk tree which makes a mess. We thought the leaves were small and fine so would rot quickly but they don't. They form a dense mat on the bottom of the pond, 10 - 15cm deep, quite quickly.

Pond 2 Jan 2019.jpg

Oxygen weed flowering Jan 2019.jpg