220L Native Tank

Spange

Kia ora all!

I've been away from fishkeeping and this forum for so long that I can't access my old account, so here's to new beginnings!

I've been setting up a new native tank with plans to mimic a nearby stream. Back in the day I was involved with setting up and running the 5000L native aquarium at Te Manawa in Palmerston North, so only having a ~220L tank to play with now makes everything feel so small...

I've included a shot of the stream that I'm sort of attempting to replicate - all materials so far have been gather from within 10m of where I took this picture. It's about 100m behind my house up a track, and lugging rocks and things there and back has not been all that fun! I hope to go spotlighting in about a week to collect the fish for this tank from the same area.

Filled it up today and noticed some neat macroinvertebrates that must have hitched a ride on some rocks are wriggling about! The filled tank is too cloudy for a nice photoshoot at the moment, so all I've got to show are some tank shots without water.

Front view 2.jpg

Front view.jpg

Side view.jpg

Stonefly.jpg

Stream.jpg