Powerhead

kiwis

On 7/1/2018 at 8:44 AM, Shilo said:

I have a Jebao SW-4.  Small profile and DC so controllable.  Completely silent if used in the constant mode but very slight on/off hum if used in the pulse mode.  My tank is a 500ltr (freshwater) and it still moves the water well over 3/4 of the length.

3:13 says it's noisy, 3:42 you can hear it.

Only on the pulse cycle and then its faint, in the vid he has it on a pulse cycle but I wouldn't say I could hear mine 4m away.  My tank is large for it so keep it on full blast and a constant cycle and don't hear anything. 

As per build quality - I have  2 Jabeo DC pumps and this wavemaker and haven't had any problems with them at all.  I find the build quality to be excellent, one pump and the wavemaker have been running constantly for nearly 3 years now (other pump is a spare - hospital tank etc use).  Like any product your mileage may vary though.

Another option that looks even better is the new Coral Box wave maker.  Haven't tried it but like its low profile and how it distributes the water: https://www.fish-street.com/coral-box-rn-1-reverse-nano-pump

They are direct China and with a Aust warehouse, depends on what is in stock in Aust where it gets sent from but still arrive within a week or 2.  You can also get the same makes here in NZ but when I was first looking I couldn't find a local supplier.  Because I don't live close to a city it is just as easy ordering online from overseas for things I'm not in a hurry for.

Some of their products have a drop down to select what sort of plug (Aus/NZ etc) but others need an china / Nz adaptor.  China is 220v so everything there works here.

19 hours ago, kiwis said:

You've quoted Fish-Street twice now. Where are they based and are their electronic goods set up for NZ's 240v power network?

They're specced for AC100-240V 50/60Hz   So, yes.  Basically anywhere in the world they'll work.