Share your FTS!

Fruju

Hey everyone! Share your FTS (full tank shot), let's see what NZ'rs are keeping.

I'll start.

My tank is a 450L home to 3 species of polypterus, 1 convict cichlid, 1 red oscar, and 1 Cuban cichlid.

Tank will eventually be a dedicated setup to a breeding pair of Cuban cichlids once I grow a suitable male to maturity.

I recently re-scaped it by removing a large piece of wood, adding the twiggy bits and getting a greater size range of stones to make it more naturalistic.

Keen to see other people's stuff!

img_20170717_110532.jpg

img_20170717_110456.jpg

img_20170717_110552.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

My very simple  4ft Barb, rainbow tank.

Substrate is washed sandpit sand, and plants just one type of Hygrophila and then Java moss.

Plenty of filtration so have to admit not much maintenance, recently took out a bucket of moss which had taken over, but had let my cherry barbs hide a couple dozen 'youngins'

Fish are a selection Barbs,  Rainbows of dubious  origins, a couple of confused bolivian ram and 3X L200, each 20cm- refugees from a friends tank that save on glass cleaning.

_DSC4054s copy.jpg

_DSC4064 copy.jpg

_DSC4075s.jpg

_DSC3985s copy.jpg

Cheers. 

Used to have LED lights on this tank but gave away while in storage which sort  of miss now  

I gave myself a $300 budget for fish, plants, substrate and lighting to get tank up and running

So I just dusted off a couple of 4ft  fluros and luckily old lid was still working. Think one is warm and one is cool white. 

Room is fairly light so plants ok for light

On 19/08/2017 at 0:08 AM, firenzenz said:

...Rainbows of dubious  origins, ...

It appears to me that they are:

Melanotaenia boesemani - Boeseman's rainbowfish

Melanotaenia lacustris - Lake Kutubu rainbowfish

Glossolepis incisus - Red Rainbowfish

Melanotaenia parva - Lake Kuromai rainbowfish

I am not sure, image is not sharp enough, but looks liike Melanotaenia praecox -  Dwarf Neon rainbowfish too.

• 2 weeks later...