What 'rare and unusual' are people keeping these days?

Fruju

Ok I'll participate. I suppose it could fall in the rare category.

I still have two Bandit Cories - C. Metae. These are no longer allowed to be imported (not sure why) so are hard to come by.

I am still VERY keen to breed these, so if anyone has any the would like to sell me please send me a message.

22 minutes ago, flatfish said:

Heres one of my favourite plecos: a Coffeee and Cream Cactus pleco, Pseudacanthicus spinosus, L160. Very rare in New Zealand

L160 @16 cm.JPG

Nice! I like the coarse spines along its flanks. Is this different to the pleco on tm with an asking price of $400? They look similar.

On 30/06/2017 at 9:42 PM, flatfish said:

Heres one of my favourite plecos: a Coffeee and Cream Cactus pleco, Pseudacanthicus spinosus, L160. Very rare in New Zealand

L160 @16 cm.JPG

Wow, that is a super cool looking fish! What size is he?

The only thing I have that is even slightly rare is one little Hara jerdoni. It hangs out in my sub-tropical tank, very rarely seen hiding in the plants, would love to find a few more and might be tempted then to give them their own tank.

22 hours ago, Colour_genes said:

Wow, that is a super cool looking fish! What size is he?

The only thing I have that is even slightly rare is one little Hara jerdoni. It hangs out in my sub-tropical tank, very rarely seen hiding in the plants, would love to find a few more and might be tempted then to give them their own tank.

Any pics of the catfish?

I was thinking about getting a group of banjo catfish, each time I'm about to get them I think about how I will pretty much never see them haha

I don't have any pics atm, but hoping to move the tank into the lounge soon, so I'll see if I can get one when I empty everything out.

I bought 2 of them under the name of 'Mini Moth' catfish  (also called anchor catfish because of their shape), really picky to feed until they adapt, one didn't last more than a month or two, had this one over a year, very small and super camoflaged (looks like a dead leaf at a casual glance). But it's nice to know it's in there, and see it once a week or so.