Tank update 2017

Fruju

Thought I'd might as well post an update of my current stocking. Tank is 450L (too small for full size specimens, but will do for now). Stock is 1x Cuban female (20cm), 1x red oscar (30cm), 1x jag (12cm), 1x super pretty convict female (<10cm), 1x longfin senegal bichir (20cm), 1x delhezi bichir (25cm), 1x palmas buttekoferi bichir (25-30cm).

Tank receives 50%-70% waterchange weekly and have zero problems. Cuban likes pushing the bichirs around sometimes and frequently wants to pair with the jaguar who doesn't want a bar of it.

img_20161227_101156__o7P9I.jpg

img_20170508_174245__Fv9r5.jpg

img_20170508_174224.jpg

img_20161228_221339.jpg

img_20170508_174257.jpg

Cheers, I keep it looking clean as possible without algae build up. Apart from diatoms on the glass there is no algae to speak of, which I am happy about.

Convicts are underrated, females are the nicest imo and they have value as an interesting dither fish without inflicting damage.

Thanks David, the bichirs have grown well, especially the delhezi, it has put on a lot of mass as well as length.

Considering dedicating this tank to a breeding pair of cubans (once I grow out a suitable male), will change the layout a little bit, but keeping the same central american hardscape.