2000L Tank, four years on.

David R

May be looking more for a pet fish again .? Aro knife ? A fire eel max size would be something....but rainbows are great ...reds grow to a decent size a school bossmani ? You are lucky to have heaps of options in you're tank mate..out of curiosity how would one move a tank like that ? 

1 hour ago, snookie said:

out of curiosity how would one move a tank like that ? 

In pieces!! :D

Don't think I could get it out of the house in one piece. Been thinking about a fire eel, I'm keeping watch on TradeMe for a good sized one...

Nice pick up! Would like to see some large A. heckelii around again, nice looking fish. There is a group of clowns going on tm at the moment if you are interested.

Unrelated, but has anyone seen the ridiculous price being forked out for a datnoid on tm? Over $700 for it. Ludicrous.

56 minutes ago, hovmoller said:

There's someone selling Pacu on TM.. You could always try that? 

Pacu would outgrow that tank. IMO they should not be offered for sale at all. I have seen absolutely huge pacu at a public aquarium, at least a metre long with deep thick bodies. Maybe if you had 10k litres haha.

Holy ****!!!! That's a nice looking dat but $700?! Hope someone has the same enthusiasm for the large Royal I've got going on there at the moment!! :P

I agree about the pacu, really a public aquarium only fish IMO.  And HFF still have a few threadfins, one definite male and possible one female and a couple of not-sure.

One more addition...

This is the species that first got me interested in aquaria when as a kid of around six a friends parents got one for their tank at home. I haven't kept one for probably close to twenty years and I'm really not sure why. Too common? Not interesting enough? Don't fit the biotope? Bah who cares, they look awesome and I want one, so...

shark.jpg

• 2 weeks later...